Blog Archive

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sympathy Card


This week's challenge at Bitten by the Bug was to use the Heart cut from the Wedding Solutions cartridge. With Valentine's Day just a few weeks away, there was a lot of love in the air (or on the Internet) at BBTB. I decided to take a different approach. A few weeks ago I made my first sympathy card. It ended up being a case of "it's the thought that counts" because it truly was not my best card. The more I looked at the Wedding Solutions Heart, the more I thought of using it for something other than romance. So I did the heart in black and white, matted on white vellum, and attached to a black card with a white lace edge. I embellished with black, white, and gray ribbon, white flowers, and a little bird rub-on. Inside I inserted a white square for the stamped sympathy message and personal note. It may seem a bit morbid, but I like my love filled sympathy card!



0 comments:

Post a Comment